So today being Sunday in Australia, I went to my church and in the announcements our new mission was revealed.
The mission involves us raising money for women and children in Tanzania, particularly for child birth.
Now I have done many studies regarding the financial divide of the worlds population and its easy to see that there is some greed in the world.
Its a bit saddening to think that the top 5% of richest people hold 80% of the worlds wealth. This is saddening as commoners (the other 95%) struggle financially in todays climate.
I'm sure if that is the right percentages someone can correct me if they want. but its something similar to that
so because of this, I was reminded of a song lyric today from "When we stand Together" by Nickelback.
"When we can feed a starving world with what we throw away"
It makes me think of the ways we could help the less fortunate, I won't tell which ways but it is a very strong sentence and maybe it will make you ponder?
What are your thoughts on the financial divide?
If you have any questions for me, again leave them in the comments :)
"When we can feed a starving world with what we throw away"
No comments:
Post a Comment